Family Membership: 1 Adult & 1 Child
- Membership for one adult and one child "guest" ages 6-15.
- Unlimited studio time during workshop hours for up to 6 projects per month (3 per adult member, plus 3 between child guests).
- Use of studio equipment and tools.
- Storage of your workshop artworks in progress.
- Regular firing of your clay work.
- Opportunities to participate in members-only skill-building, instructor-led, workshops, and studio sales.
- Membership does not include clay wheel workshops.
- ◄Membership Payment Policy
- The monthly membership is a 3 month commitment, followed by month-to-month
- All memberships renew automatically each month.
- We request one month’s notice to cancel after the initial 3 months.
- No refunds or credits for unused time.
- Memberships cannot be paused.
- If you choose to cancel your membership, all projects must be completed before it expires.
- After your membership expires, we charge $15 per hour drop-in to complete any unfinished projects.
- We will store your projects for 2 weeks maximum after your membership expires.
- Registration is first come first serve. We cannot overbook under any circumstances.
- ◄Member Hours
Please sign in each time you visit the studio.
- Membership does not include wheel or splatter workshops.
- Membership times not available on stat holidays or long weekends.
- No times available Dec 23 to Dec 27.
- Family Membership times cannot be booked during adult workshop times in the studio.
- Hours are subject to change.
- ◄Bonus Perks!
Bonus! The membership is also great for people who want the opportunity to attend special technique-specific, instructor-led workshops at a discounted price that will help them improve their skills while making our monthly projects.
Optional Workshops may include:
- How to build a cylinder
- How to attach a handle on a mug
- How to attach a base
- How to smooth clay
- How to paint pour
- How to paint with mediums
- Oven bake clay tools introduction
- Date nights
- Bring a friend nights
- Bring an extra creative kid evening
- "Bring The Whole Family" Workshop Times
- ◄Who are the family workshop membership good for?
Are you a regular at our monthly workshops? Do you want more freedom to work at your own speed, more time to practice, more creations to make? All at a set monthly price?
Memberships are great for people who want to be a part of our 4Cats community, love our workshops and want the option to spend more time creating projects. This membership program is for people who want to create monthly projects by following our step-by-step workshop instructions.
The best thing is you can take your time. We recommend you work on 2-3 projects throughout the month, this is very efficient as you can allow for drying time between steps. For example, if you are coming to a studio to attach a handle to a leather dry cylinder you also might want to underglaze another project or add details to a painting.
Memberships are not good for professional artists, people looking for open studio time to create their own designs, production potters or people who want to teach classes from the studio.
- ◄How often do the projects change?
There are 8 new projects each month. Monthly projects are announced 1 month prior. Eg. October projects are announced September 1st.
- ◄Can I buy more materials/supplies or take it home?
- More clay or canvas or any other supplies cannot be purchased.
- No supplies can be taken home.
- ◄How do the workshops run? Are there instructions?
- Just as our regular $15 per hour workshops, the membership does not include in-person instruction workshops. iPad instruction only, with an instructor present to answer questions.
- You may bring headphones to plug into the iPad if you wish.
- If you want to practice specific skills, we highly recommend you sign up for specific skill building workshops to help improve your skills. Space will be limited.
- Read and obey signs and listen to instructions.
- ◄Can I get a credit if my project doesn't turn out?
- No credit for broken or projects that did not turn out as expected.
Good Things To Know
- ◄Behaviour Expectation
Memberships are designed for people who can operate independently in the studio. Members are responsible for setting up their own supplies and cleaning up after themselves.
Be kind. Anyone being disrespectful to the studio, to our members or to our staff, will be asked to leave immediately and membership for that month will be revoked without credit or refund and further months will be cancelled. In the event of violent, threatening or inappropriate behaviour, police will be contacted immediately. Please note we have cameras throughout the studio for safety.
- ◄Labelling and what to do before you leave
- Members are asked to carve their full name and date very clearly into their work.
- Anything unlabelled will not be fired.
- We have limited studio space and cannot store work indefinitely.
- Please label all wet projects, anything unlabelled will be thrown away.
- Please wrap any wet projects according to guidelines.
- Wet projects or bisqued or glazed projects can be stored on the work-in-progress shelves for up to 1 month.
About Clay Projects
Dust from all clay contains free silica that is too fine and heavy to be expelled from the lungs. Over time this can cause silicosis, a lung disease.
Here are a few things we do at 4Cats to prevent this:
- We use wet clay only.
- Please do not bring in any outside clay.
- Once clay has been cut from the block, it cannot be stored or kept.
- Members wipe down surfaces with a wet sponge.
- Members wipe up mess if clay or glaze is dripped on the floor.
- We fully close the lids of all glaze buckets.
- No sanding is allowed in the studio.
- Please follow all cleaning procedures.
- Members thoroughly clean all tools and put them away.
- Allow for at least 20 minutes of cleanup after each session.
- The workspace is checked by staff before members leave.
- Staff thoroughly mop daily. Please do not stay late under any circumstances, so staff have ample time for cleaning and resetting the studio.
- ◄Clay Firing
- We do not give any guarantees on when your work will be fired.
- If you would like your piece for a certain time, please create at least 1 month in advance.
- We do our best to ensure that everything survives the firing—however, we are not responsible for a piece cracking, breaking, blistering, exploding, or any other unsatisfactory result.
- We only fire workshop projects made by studio members and students; we do not offer a firing service for individual projects.
- We will not fire any projects not based on our workshop instructions
- No outside clay or glazes in the studio.
- Please do not touch the kiln under any circumstance.
- Please do not touch or mix glaze powders.
About Oven-Bake Clay Projects
- We do our best to ensure that oven-bake clay bakes as expected—however, we are not responsible for a piece cracking, breaking, blistering, or any other unsatisfactory result.
Rules will be updated as needed